JorVet Extended Use Catheter. Most traditional jugular catheters are non-stick. They can create a thrombosis and crack if left in place for over 48 hours. The development of new materials allows large-bore catheters that can safely be left in-dwelling for up to 10 days. The JorVet Extended Use Catheter softens at body temperature. Many of the common catheter-related problems, such as phlebitis, can be minimized with these catheters.
– 14g and 16g polyurethane catheter over needle
– Non-thrombogenic and non-cracking
– Can be safely left in the vein for up to 10 days
– This same catheter is used in 24 out of 27 U.S. veterinary teaching hospitals
– Suture wings with holes or suture groove attachment
Extended Use IV Catheter. Complete. 18g x 2.5″ (6.25cm)