MB Spinal Brace, Large Intro Kit
Many cases of disc disease, spinal fractures or instabilities are not amenable to surgical treatment for a variety of reasons, from the right patient signalment (i.e. age, underlying diseases) to economic considerations. The” MB Spinal Brace” (MBSB) is designed to help support cases of cervical, thoracic and lumbar IVDD, vertebral fractures or instabilities. The durable and comfortable neoprene harnesses encircle the patient at the desired locations and are connected by two parallel adjustable metal rods that lay on the lateral aspects of the chest, abdomen or neck depending on particular area being treated. The MBSB supports and restricts the range of motion of the patient in several planes giving the body a better chance of healing. The expandable metal connection rods can be placed in a neutral position strictly for support, or extended to apply minimal to mod- erate decompressive forces on the spine. These back braces are commonly used in the human medical field and now they are available for veterinary use.
Several indications for use include:
– Medical IVDD treatment (support and decompression) – Medical spinal fracture treatment
– Medical spinal instability treatment (i.e. Wobblers) – Pre and post-surgical spine support
– High quality neoprene construct allows for patient comfort while not compromising strength and durability
– Interchangeable and adjustable metal connection rods allow for use with a wide range of patients.
– Easy to apply and remove for physical therapy, to allow patients to urinate, or for owners to use at home.
– Affordable alternative for owners to allow for long-term home spine management. To select the proper MBSB: Obtain the circumference (A and C ) and the length (B) measurements for the desired spine segment from your patient. See diagram.
Introductory Kits: The best way to have the braces on hand for that immediate or emergency case. The sets come with a range of harnesses plus one set of connecting rods.
Large Intro Kit for Boxers, Labs, Huskies, Shep- herds, and Bassett Hounds includes: 6 neoprene harnesses, 28″ -38″ and 1 pair of connecting rods 1/2″