Oxy Hood, Oxygen Supplementation Device. The challenge of delivering oxygen to an animal in respiratory distress is difficult in most veterinary clinical situations. An oxygen cage or an ICU unit is an expense beyond the budget of most clinics. The hand held use of anesthesia masks or nasal cannula is stressful to the animal and labor intensive.
The Oxy Hood was developed to deliver oxygen in a less restrictive and stressful environment. The Oxy Hood uses the conventional cone shape of an Elizabethan collar and adds a clear plastic “lid” over the end. Numerous vent holes throughout the cone allows the excess gas to vent. Oxygen is provided to the Oxy Hood via a nasal cannula attached to the hood. The oxygen source uses a bubble humidifier to prevent drying of the respiratory tract.
– Collar is sewn to nylon fabric with a drawstring, plus velcro attachment allows for proper neck sizing
– Lid, or face of unit is attached with zipper
– Clear plastic material is used throughout for better observation and for the animal to see clearly
– Four sets of holes die cut to allow ventilation of carbon dioxide and to maintain the oxygen level at more than 60 percent
– Very small animals can be placed totally in the larger Oxy Hood like an oxygen tent
– Complete with humidifier, oxygen nasal cannula, and oxygen tubing
Oxy Hood. Set of all 3 sizes. Inclues: J0652a, J0652b and J0652c.
NOTE: Connecting Oxy Hood requires an oxygen flowmeter.
– “H” tank, use J0533a
– “E” tank use J0533ef
– Anesthesia machine flowmeter
– Flowmeter (J0534b) attached to humidifier top
|Dimensions||18 × 12 × 8.5 in|