Silicon Endotube 12 mm W/Cuff
Silicone Endotracheal Tube. Silicone is the preferred material for endotrachealtubes. However, until now the cost was con- sidered too high for use in most veterinary clinics. This is especially true on the larger sizes above 10mm.
When the endotracheal tube cuff is filled with air, it does not always fill symmetrically or is off center. This is most commonly with the silicon endotracheal tubes. These tubes are designed to be “compliant” meaning when placed into a body cavity such as the trachea the tube will fill to the open space evenly. This is also true of Foley catheters. However, if inflated outside of the body the tube will sometimes not inflate evenly. This is not a defect.
– Endotracheal tube with inflatable cuff – Connector included
– Lateral murphy eye at distal tip
– Sizes 3mm to 14mm
– Fully transparent
Silicone Material Benefits:
– Patient comfort. Silicone is a soft material that conforms to body contours. The soft distal tip lessens the chance for any airway tissue damage.
– Reusability. Intended to be used over and over again. Silicone resists deterioration better than PVC or red rubber
– Transparent. See any blood and mucous if they develop.
NOTE: Not autoclavable. Radiolucent
Endotracheal Tube. 12mm i.d. 51fr 17.0mm o.d. 44cm L Ballon 5cm L