The Smart Block. The use of hoof blocks adhered to the dairy’s cow healthy claw has been a long standing practice. These blocks can often fall off too early, can be difficult to position properly and can be very uncomfortable for the cow. This can delay the healing process and prolong the lameness unnecessarily.
The Smart Block is an innovative design with the hoof glue being channeled through an inlet port on the bottom to exit ports on top to evenly distribute the glue in the proper amount.
– Saves Glue: Exact same amount of glue every time. No wasting glue, no air pickets, no guesswork.
– Saves Time: The glue reaches the hoof and the block at exactly the same time eliminating any wasted curing time. Plus it ensures the most secure bond possible.
– Soft but tough material gives flexibility and comfort durable enough to maintain its structure and shape throughout the healing process. The most comfortable surface for your cow to walk on while she heals – cow comfort is important!
– Raised area of block is a glue-free zone located on the back inside corner ensuring no glue touches the soft spot of the inner heel.
– Blocks are less likely to fall off prematurely because glue is ‘anchored’ to the block through the ‘Y’ shaped glue canals.
– Makes glue warmer for faster curing and less waiting.
– Color coded: Left – gray; right – green blocks.
– Works with standard polyurethane glue adhesives or cartridges.