Dr. Irvin Jorgensen graduated from the royal Veterinary College in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Established a small veterinary practice in Denmark and later practiced in Canada
Dr. Irvin Jorgensen moved to the United States and finished his veterinary career in Minnesota
Dr. Irvin Jorgensen founded Jorgensen Laboratories.
- The company began in the basement of Dr. Jorgensen’s home
- Was mostly a large animal instrument company
- He was aware of certain instruments not yet available in the US after practicing in Europe and Canada
- He began importing them from Denmark and West Germany
Earl Sethre starts career at Jorgensen Laboratories.
- Besides Dr. Jorgensen and Earl, the company employed a secretary and two people in shipping department.
Dr. Hans Jorgensen starts career at Jorgensen Laboratories.
- Hans graduated from the University of Minnesota Veterinary College
- He gained large animal experience practicing at a clinic in Minnesota and later worked in a small animal practice in Denver
Dr. Norm Jorgensen starts career at Jorgensen Laboratories
- Norm graduated from Colorado State University Veterinary School
- He gained large animal experience practicing at a clinic and calling on some large dairies in California before moving back to Colorado and working in a small animal and equine practice in Denver
1990’s and 2000’s
The company evolved from a mostly large animal instrument company to a mostly small animal instrument and equipment company.
Erik Sethre starts career at Jorgensen Laboratories.
Christian Jorgensen starts career at Jorgensen Laboratories.
Neil Jorgensen starts career at Jorgensen Laboratories.
Earl Sethre and Erik Sethre retired from the company.
Norm Jorgensen serves as the President and CEO.
Christian Jorgensen pursues opportunities outside of Jorgensen Laboratories.